King Cake

King Cake

Monday, March 21, 2011

Mona's Cheesecake

Yesterday would have been my parents anniversary. Today is one of my brother's birthday. So I thought I would post a recipe to honor both. Mona was my mom. She was a wonderful cook. I only hope I can cook as well as she did. I know that this recipe is a favorite of my brother Ken. His wife, Edna, has been known to make multiple cheesecakes for holidays. It is a wonderful dessert on a warm evening.

Crust
2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 Stick Margarine, melted
½ cup sugar
Filling
2 8oz Cream Cheese
2 Eggs
2/3 Cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Topping
1 8oz Sour Cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Tablespoons Sugar
Crust: Mix graham cracker crumbs, margarine and sugar. Press into 9”pie pan
Filling: Blend all ingredients for filling in blender until smooth. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 Minutes. Cool for 15 minutes
Topping: Mix topping and smooth over cooled cheesecake
Bake again at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
Cool before putting in the refrigerator.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the recipe or if you are looking for a specific recipe.