King Cake

King Cake

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hot Crawfish Dip suggested by Laurie Fikes

This recipe is one of the first ones that a friend from Arkansas suggested. Laurie Fikes asked me if I had a recipe for a hot Crawfish Dish. I was so pleased to get this request. I have had many people ask me for recipes from former places of employment. This was the first request made from someone who I did not work with while in the restaurant business. I did not want to post this recipe then, because it was not crawfish season. Since crawfish are in season, and Saturday I will be boiling for the first time this season, here is another crawfish recipe.

Crawfish Dip
1 lb Crawfish Tails, chopped
1 Diced Onion
1 Diced Green Bell pepper
3 stalks, Celery, diced
1 Garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup Butter
8 ounces Cream Cheese
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
Creole Seasoning, Salt, Black Pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon Fresh Chopped Parsley
Sauté bell pepper, onions, celery, garlic and crawfish in butter. Add cream cheese, lower temperature and cover to let cream cheese melt. Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper, Creole seasoning to taste. Simmer approximately 15-20 minutes.  Add parsley. Serve warm.


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the recipe or if you are looking for a specific recipe.