King Cake

King Cake

Monday, April 11, 2011

Hot Crab Dip suggested by Lisa Foley

After posting my crawfish dip, Lisa asked about a hot crab dip. She said that she already had one but thought others might not. This is a great recipe for any get together. When my family gets together for exchanging Christmas presents, we each prepare an appetizer. Often I get asked to bring Spinach Dip. Other times, I have done mini Crab Cakes. I may have to make this soon.
Enjoy

Hot Crab Dip
16oz Cream Cheese
8oz Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 ½ cups Chopped Green Onions
¼ cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
1 lb Crabmeat, picked thru for shells
½ c Half & Half
Creole Seasoning to taste
Combine cheeses, Worcestershire sauce, green onions, parsley, and half & half in a medium sauce pan. Cook over low heat until the dip reaches desired consistency. Add crabmeat and creole seasoning. Cook for three minutes. Serve with crackers.

1 comment:

Let me know what you think about the recipe or if you are looking for a specific recipe.