King Cake

King Cake

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Crab Cakes

Happy New Year! I will start this blog off with a recipe that has been published in Louisiana Cooking Magazine and the Thomas Kinkade cookbook. The main difference between my crab cakes and most others is I use no mayonnaise. I developed this recipe because I felt that mayo takes away from the crabmeat taste. I hope you enjoy.  Let me know what you think.

Crab Cakes
1 pound crabmeat
1 Tablespoon Butter
4 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
1/3 cup Green Onions, chopped
¼ cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 Tablespoon Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
¾ cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
¾ cup Heavy Cream
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
¼ teaspoon Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped


Pick through Crabmeat, removing pieces of shells.  Set aside.
Over medium heat, melt butter in a medium saucepan. Sauté garlic in butter until golden brown.  Add green onions and cook until soft.  Add parsley and cook one minute. Add crabmeat to pan.  Add Old Bay Seasoning and mix thoroughly.  Add heavy cream and mix well.  Add breadcrumbs and mix well.  The mixture should not be liquidly.  If so add more bread crumbs.  Allow mixture to cool.  Form cakes in hand, making a 2 ½ ” circle.  Place on a foil lined cookie sheet.  Refrigerate for at least two hours.
Cook in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.  You may also deep fry them by heating a fryer to 360 degrees.  Dip crab cake in mixture of milk and beaten egg, then cover with breadcrumbs.  Cook them for 3 minutes or until golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. All of these recipes sound mouthwatering... I was wondering if you have one for popcorn shrimp salad? Thank you! Genie

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about the recipe or if you are looking for a specific recipe.