King Cake

King Cake

Monday, May 2, 2011

Mona's Artichoke Squares

Yesterday would have been my mother's 87th birthday. To honor her memory, I am posting one of her recipes. I only have about 20 or so recipes of my mother's. Artichoke was one of her favorite foods. This recipe is an appetizer that needs to be made in advance.
It is a great dish that does not required fresh artichokes. One day, I will post her Stuffed Artichoke recipe.

Mona’s Artichoke Squares
1 Can Artichoke Hearts
1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
½ cup Olive Oil
1 Egg
Garlic to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain hearts and set juice aside in a bowl. Mash hearts and add bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, and olive oil. Add egg to juice and beat. Add this to mixture and stir until well blended. Pour into a buttered casserole dish. Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Let cool, then refrigerate. Cut into squares before serving.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about the recipe or if you are looking for a specific recipe.